A framework for thinking about business change and methods for sustaining change. Shifts in your thinking, your focus, your actions, and ultimately your Results.
Best Business Videos
Gary Hamel: Management Reinvented
Share Your Business VideosWe accept ‘Business Videos’ for Share on this website... send your ideas (no Ads): email@example.com
- The Changing Nature of Leadership– The Irrefutable Laws of Leadership: Shifting Perspectives on Leadership.
- Micropayment Model for Monetizing Small-Microtransactions: Behavioral Shifts are Reigniting the Micropayment Option
- Corporate Spin-Offs–Bloomberg Spin-Offs Index: Valued–Parts Greater Than Whole… Focus on Core, Hunt for Value-Growth
- Age of Big Data– Mining for Value to Fuel Growth: Understand-Extract Real Business Value– Key Competitive Differentiator
- The Power of Big Idea Thinking: Think Smarter, Faster, Create Value– Driving Imagination Beyond Abstraction
- Global Innovation Barometer–2013: Unconventional Strategy Unlocks New Drivers for Innovation– Pushing Comfort Zones
- DarkNet– The Internet’s Anonymous Invisible UnderWorld– Lies Hidden Beneath the Surface: Freedom-Anarchy, Good-Evil…
- Internet Security via De-Perimeterisation–Adapting to Changing Markets, Technology, Behavior: Outdated Castle-and-Moat
Tag Archives: risk
Steganography– Hiding in Plain Sight: Business Data Security through Obscurity– Art of Covert Communication… Hide-Seek
Steganography is based on a kind of camouflage: where the familiar and superficial draws attention away from the occluded and hidden. Do they see the leopard’s spots, or the leopard? ~Stowe Boyd Steganography is the art and science of hiding … Continue reading
Business Risks 2013 Global Report: Stay on Top of Uncertain World– Creative Risk-Taking is Essential for Success.
Business risks are the driving-levers of business, and creative risk-taking is essential for success… thoughtless risks are destructive, but perhaps even more wasteful is thoughtless caution which prompts inaction and promotes failure to seize opportunity. ~Gary Ryan Blair Risks are … Continue reading
Debt in Business, Government… Game of Hot Potato: Drop It, Hold It, Sell It, Ignore It..: Pass the Debt or Shuffle the Risk
Debt is a double-edged sword, capable of doing a lot of good, but also capable of destroying your business (or, the nation). Handle that sword with the utmost care and deliberation, not with a flippant attitude. Do you remember the … Continue reading
Dodd-Frank– ‘Monster or Slayer’ in the World of Financial Business Reform: It’s So Complex, No One Knows…
Two years after the sweeping Dodd-Frank Act was signed into law, banks are paring operations and ramping up compliance, regulators are drafting mountains of new rules, and observers still doubt the financial system is any safer than it was after … Continue reading
Companies-’Too Big to Fail’ or ‘Too Big to Exist’: Dilemma– Morton’s Fork, Hobson’s Choice, Darwin’s Rule…
Once you lose your freedom to fail, you also lose your freedom to succeed and you cease to be a free society. ~Jeb Hensarling Too big to fail (TBTF) is a phrase used in regulatory economics and public policy and describes … Continue reading
Risk Taking & Leadership: Irrational, Reckless, Irresponsible, Swim with Sharks; Or, Rules-Breaker, -Shaker, -Taker, -Maker.
Only those who risk going too far; can possibly find out how far they can go. ~T.S. Eliot Risk taking is a critical element of leadership and essential for a leader’s effectiveness. Risk taking can be defined as… “Undertaking a … Continue reading
Business Risk Management: ‘Protect Against Unthinkables’–Loss Due to Damages, Legal Liabilities, Fines, Crime, Strategic Relationships, Disasters…
“The first step in the business risk management process is to acknowledge the reality of risk. Denial is a common tactic that substitutes deliberate ignorance for thoughtful planning.” ~Charles Tremper Business Risk Management is the identification, assessment, and prioritization of risks … Continue reading